Friday, March 16, 2012

Ochlockonee River Slug Fest

3.13.12

Willie wanted to go fishing to celebrate Patty's birthday, so we headed to the mouth of the OR.

We were greeted with perfect conditions, a light wind to our backs, an outgoing gentle tide, and overcast skies.

I knew it was going to be on when, on my second cast, I had a 19" trout whack my jerk bait.

We fished the middle bar for a couple of hours as the fish moved back and forth and we stayed on them.

The larger fish ate the minnow imitating lures, while the smaller ones fell for the popping cork and jig.

I decided to try one of the Zman Swimbaits.

I was nailed at the boat by  one of the largest Spanish I have caught.
What a drag sizzling fight!


As the tide was on it's last outgoing legs, we hit the outer bar and again a nice trout ate the SwimmerZ.


We got back to the house and the work began as I washed the boat and Willie took on the fish cleaning duties.

He took the fish that looked like this:



And for $2.50 Hutton's Seafood turned them into this:


A great day on the water by two fishing fools!!










No comments:

Post a Comment